Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My new discovery of an ancient art.

I stumbled upon a weaving technique called Saganishiki and I am totally smittened. I would love to try it and am thinking of going to Convergence in Long Beach next year to do a workshop. The warp is paper and coated with metal in some cases 24ct gold! with silk weft,  so not a cheap technique to learn but I would still like to give it ago. There is not a lot of information about Saganishiki out there and if any one knows where I can get a loom please leave a comment. The image is from a blog I found and the weaving is by  blogger Michael Cook ( I think )  at wormspit

Another site I have found and its very interesting but I don't read Japanese. I take it this weaver is a master of the craft.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails