Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two things for today

Mel visited for the weekend and we had a fantastic time. Hopefully we have solved the loom delemer. We think it is missing a spring for tensioning but it has never been on the loom and just good luck has held it tight enough for it to work. Now I have to find a ring to attach to the wooden part for the spring and it needs to be more square shaped and will also need something to protect the wood. So back to the Auto shop and how nice was it to walk in to Autobarn and have the nice young gentleman know exactly what sort of spring we would be requiring.

Mel sent me this image and link. I think it would make for some fantastic weaving but just what and how ? Thoughts Melly? The dress is divine and I would love to wear something like it just imagine the movement.
And being the shoeaholic that I am look Melly must haves oh and coloured shoes.

 Anthropologies new Bridal collection
I finished this scarf on the little tokia, its an old warp that I over dyed green and pink and the wove with wool and silk weft. I pulled some threads and felted it so a 210 cm weaving is now just under 100cms. I still have enough warp I think to do another scarf so may try a bit of blue in the weft.




Still a bit wet when I took these photos! thank you for visiting Mel, so much fun and can't wait for our next playtime in the studio. now back to the grant writing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails