Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Threading Thoughts

I was thinking about why I enjoy threading up.
- I think one of the happy moments is when I'm threading rayon, like now, and given the colour mixes I use, I get to see and appreciate the colours again. I start to get excited again after the winding.
- I put on my favorite podcasts The Partially Examined Life, History of Philosophy, By Design, The History of the World in 100 Objects
- And then I think about all sorts of things from the podcasts to what's going on in my life.
- I also love the methodical systems of the threading sequence - very calming
- and people generally know to leave me alone for a while, so I'm cocooned in my own little space. It feels a little decadent.

I'm nearly halfway through now - it's dinner time!

--melly

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails