Friday, April 29, 2011

Shrinkage

Today I went and finished the green warp. There was not as much left on the warp as I thought. I wove approximately 160 cm but when it was off the loom it only measured 142 cm's. The big loom is fixed (thank you Al) I wove some of the white warp that was still on the loom. I wove 195cm's when it was off the loom it measures 168cm's. So what is the shrinkage rate and what will it be once washed and pressed???

The green warp will be drawn/gathered up and felted, the white warp that is felting wool. The weft thread is a cotton thread.

Green before wash 142cm after washing 89cm, so it shrank 53cm and that was not felted tightly.




White before washing 168cm after washing 132cm and is still very open

So Mell what are you thoughts ? Do you have a formula you use. My measurement seem to change every time I cut a warp off.

I found this in the drafts not published and I am not sure why 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails