Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lise Frouland's Sturt Summer School Class

Summer School 2011 has come and gone in a flurry - and fun was had!

The kids' class I ran was fun but exhausting! The kids did really well - knitting, weaving, braiding, felting - they made more than I ever thought they would. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get any photos as they ran off with their goodies very quickly.

So the next photos are from Lise's class 'Woven Light', using some fantastic materials.

 Jenny's weaving in progress. I think she's using cotton, reflective thread, copper thread, glow in the dark and a couple of others. The photo is taken in daylight with a camera flash on so the reflective yarn shows up.

Jenny's finished piece around a painting canvas.

 Jenny's finished piece with the camera flash on.

 Sue's weaving with reflective thread, cotton and strips of muslin.

 Detail.

 Another of Sue's pieces, using video tape and other materials.

 Diane's weaving, using Theo Morman inlay technique with reflective thread, nylon momofilament, LED lights and other materials.

Diane's work with lights off and flash on. 

 Scarves that many students made.

And the same with the flash on.

Doormats that some of the students made using an interlocking technique, with light cord threaded through and turned on.

--mel

1 comment:

inklings weaver said...

Hi Melanie, lovely to see my work in your blog on the summer school. It was great fun doing all the weaving and meeting you and your mum. I'm putting you as a link on my new weaving blog www.inklingsweaver.com.au Please have a look if you have a moment. I have booked in for next year's summer school too so hopefully I will catch up with you then. Dianne McNamara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails