Monday, October 25, 2010

Valentino, Retrospective: Past/Present/Future

 Valentino | Evening gown | Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2003, Model 130 | Strapless evening gown with low-set draped pale crimson chiffon sleeves, a train with appliqué pleated crimson taffeta rosettes and red strass crystals in their centres, and pink and grey taffeta rosettes in its lining; fabric: Buche-Guillaud; embroidery: Marabitti | Collection: Valentino Archives | Photograph: Jean Tholance

This weekend was spent in Brisbane so we could see the Valentino show at GOMA Brisbane. It was a fantastic show but the crowds were unbelievable. I could have spent the whole weekend in there if it wasn't for the crowds. So now to pour over the catalogue and wish I was sewing again. We stumble on 2 great fabric shops in Brisbane which were little gems and I didn't get any details as they were both shut when I saw them. So I guess I have to go back to Brissie to find them. I remember one was in an arcade best google it, found it, and it  is called  Beth-Wyn Couture Fabrics in the Brisbane arcadebut the other eludes me.
Valentino, Retrospective: Past/Present/Future
Belly :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails