Friday, July 16, 2010

Cross-eyed Draftiing

I could barely see clearly last night after doing this... it took me a few hours to arrive at the structure I was looking for - going though many different threading, tie-up and lifting sequences. This accurately depicts what I was after though - kind of graphically mimicking the drape of fabric within the structure of the cloth.


It will be woven with the fine coloured 60/2s silk sett at 50epi (though I'm a little concerned that the won't be close enough). 349 ends in total - going onto my 8 shaft table loom at home. Because of the huge number of floats, I am hoping the structure of the cloth will move about a bit and be very drapey. Hehe like a drape within a drape.

Colours will definitely involve pinks and reds and golds. Can't figure out yet whether I want to incorporate a brocade or embroider on it..

--mel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails