Sunday, November 11, 2007

Setting up




I love this little piece of glass. It is an off cut of some work my friend Lucette made. It move from the studio to my garage on the loom ( stuck with bluetack) so I guess it's there to stay.

Well today has been a short day. Yesterday I returned from Melbourne, after a little rest I was into it, house work that is.
So after a sleep in I went into the garage and started on the loom. with lots of intervals of lawn mowing, wash etc.

But the loom is now ready to go!!! My friends delivered an old floor mat for me to put down under the loom so I will con a few people into helping lift the loom and sliding it under. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.
I can now start to weave my blankets, I hope they are well received or family will be getting them for Christmas. I hope to spend a day with Mel this week and do a little dying of Mohair.
I am still procrastinating over simple things but I feel if I get at least this warp woven it is only 5 mts longs so should not take to long and them I can do some real stuff. The fluro wire is waiting.
My daughter Lauren took some photo's of me threading and I took a few as well so there goes. Lets see if I can get them to load to the bottom of the post.
Nope just went to the top again.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails