Saturday, May 1, 2010

1/2 a productive day

No 1.

No 2.

No 3.

No 4.

No 5

Well off to the studio I went at 9.00am. I almost finished the mohair waffle weave blankets, but ran out of mohair I thought I could do it but need another skien. This took me about an hour to complete the weaving. So I will call Carol at Rainbow Wools tomorrow and order some and maybe a bit of loop mohair and brush it after weaving for more blankets ( Mel's suggestion to stop having some many snarly bits).

But the day was not all wasted. I wound 3 warps and what to do with them? I used a mixture of cream wool , over twisted wool and pink polyester. ( My comment to Mel was to use up some of what I have, hence the polyester) you can see my ruff notes in image no 3.

warp no 1 = cream wool, O/T wool and polyester.
warp no 2 = all polyester
warp no 3 = all O/T wool

Warp 1 and 2 are about 4.5 mts long and 12 inches wide. weird how I always do my lengths in metric and all other measurements in imperial measurements.
Warp no3 is about 3.5 mts long and 10 inch wide.
All warps have 20 threads per inch.

So what weave structure will I use???? What to do with the warps? Conundrum. This is the trouble with using thread for the sake of it and not really planning. I have to admit I never have any success when I do this so of thing so it will be interesting to see what happens.

So all in all it was 1/2 a productive day and now I get to go and look at wedding photo's.
Belly:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails