Monday, November 2, 2009

Netwurks weekend

Kathy Deprez- basket, copper wire and buttons
Kathy Deprez- basket, copper wire and buttons
Belinda Jessup- Knitted copper wire and glass thread
Kathy Deprez- knitted copper wire
Kathy Deprez- knitted copper wire and glass beads

Last weekend I spent 2 days at Strathnairn community hall participating in a Netwurks workshop. Twelve very excited participants spent the weekend netting, the techniques learnt were knitting, chicken wire, buttonhole, and buttonhole over a core thread. Well these are the names I am using as I didn't write down the correct terms the facilitator used.

So were to now? What do I want to do now? I think I still love knitting and weaving with copper wire and maybe that is were i will return. I do have some fibre optics so that may be a good core to use in baskets.

Netwurks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails