Thursday, October 1, 2009

Colour and Texture, the first samples

Christian Lacroix : Fashion in Motion October 2006
Colour and texture, what are we thinking? Going back to previous posts and looking at the colours of Lacroix, what are his colours? I don't think we can pigeon hole any set ideas about his colour choices. They are continually changing and in many mixed combinations.

That is one of the things I most love about lacroix's work the colours are what most people would call missed matched I love it.

So thinking ahead to sample something small I am going to start with purple in a range of shades and add one or two different complimentary or should I say clashing colours. Now looking at my image maybe I have to add grey and brown, colours taken from the fur trim.
Image taken from the Victoria and Albert Museum website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails