Saturday, September 15, 2007

What Next

After many months of no weaving I have started again. This week I wove off an old warp that had been on my small 8 shaft Tokia floor loom so about 9 months.

It felt good to just weave mindlessly for a few hours. The warp was white mohair that Mels Mum sells, its beautiful and soft. I was sampling for a new range of bed coverings. Must say mohair is sticky but Mel's solution of drinking straws is great.

I hate getting under the loom to tie up the treadles, its hard to climb under the looms and I always put if off.

The sample produced some interesting effects and I am happy with the result, so back to the warping mill for a few hours of winding and try again maybe using all 8 shafts this time.

Mel visited Canberra last week and we talked about many asspects of art with coffee and lunch at the National Gallery of Australia and visits to many of the galleries we are inspired to work together on an exhibition so think lots of colour and texture!.

So its time to start some research and play with some collage.

I had the most wonderful images sent to me from a friend in Florence Italy showing the new Fendi bag fabric delightful! I can't post the images as they don't belong to me. I will ask if I can publish them.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails