Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Visit to Mittagong





Well on Sunday 20th May I visited Mel in Mittagong at her weaving studio at Sturt workshops.

It was a wonderful day. Julie Ryder came with me as There was an opening of an exhibition in the galllery New Directions, both Mel and Julie have work in the show, It is a wonderful exhibition and you should visit if possible.

http://www.sturt.nsw.edu.au/exh_current.htm
I have not had much time to weave latley I hope to visit with Mel on friday to weave for her.

I am thinking of what work I would like to do. Mel always uses wonderful colour mostly rayon , silks and wool. We are thinking of exhibiting together,working with colour and texture Think Lacroix.
In Mel's book case is a paper rose and I am passionate about roses. The texture is like velvet and the colour can brighten your day, "luscious". Just think of a woven object with scrunch and texture ummmm!
Now just one more image, I took quite a few on Sunday.

Cheers Belinda



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails