Thursday, April 5, 2007

Intro cont.


And this is some of Belinda's work. This collaborative installation is part of her Fybremotion work and partnership. Her work(on the left) is woven with transparent monofilament with hand embellishments in large panels that move when the viewer steps into an area of several motion detectors - a very surreal experience!

I think we both enjoy the spontaneity and characteristics of working with synthetics - they seem to have so much energy and buoyancy.

This is my favorite production scarf - 'Crinkle Scarf' in rayon and wool. It comes in whatever rayon colours I think of while I'm winding the warp, and I dye the wool after weaving so no two are ever the same. They make me happy and giggly - the rayon has so much light energy it just flutters around.

I am currently working on my first solo exhibition which is coming up in July -eep! My loom has been having a few issues of late so production of any sort has been slow, even non-existent, but the issues have just resolved themselves (thanks to lots of help from friends) so I should be powering on quite soon.

--mel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails