Friday, December 28, 2012

Wool warp complete

Wool warp, possum and silk weft. Just off the loom and needing finishing. Woven Belinda Jessup
Wash and drying on the magnolia tree. ( sorry image is blurry) Woven Belinda Jessup
Wool warp, possum and silk weft. Washed and need fringes finished.  Woven Belinda Jessup

Wool warp, possum and silk weft. Washed and need fringes finished. I think this series will be called Colour Coding.   Woven Belinda Jessup

 I have completed the wool warp Mell started to weave last time she visited.

The more purple coloured scarf was 182cm pre finished and after finishing 164cm

The red scarf ( using up warp end and double red possum in weft) was 139cm pre finished and after finishing 124.5cm 

 The studios were very quite today, being holidays most people have left the capital for the coast so I think I was the only person there. Very peaceful indeed. I did have one visitor exploring the area for the first time, I hope he comes back when there are more artists around and the place is more lively. The prickly pear was in bloom next to the drive way so I took a happy snap as I left the studio.

Prickly Pear, Strathnairn Driveway, Photo Belinda Jessup
Prickly Pear, Strathnairn Driveway, Photo Belinda Jessup



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails