Tuesday, October 19, 2010

From Design Concept to Weave Structure

This was a bit of fun from some of the work I did during my holidays. The starting point was an idea from a book called Caffeine for the Creative Mind - to take photos of as many round objects as possible. That was it really. At the time I had just bought a beautiful Moelskin grid book (*sigh* i do love stationery...) and was discussing design exercises with an architecture student friend of mine. So this is the progression - quite a few leaps in between but that's how play works for me..

 The initial round image.
Design play on graph paper.
Weave draft.

This was definitely a fun little exercise - I can think of about 5 other different variations of this draft - was very good for brain exercise!
--mel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails